J. Evetts Haley Collection
The Collections are open for serious research and study. The archivist is available by appointment. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 432.682.5785 or email [email protected] to make an appointment.
SERIES I - PHOTOGRAPHS
See Research Area for Browsing File binders.
SERIES II - RESEARCH FILES
- Topical (II-A - Topical)
- Biographical (II-B - Biographical)
Addendum (detailed inventories of individual files)
- Aten, Ira
- Beverly, Bob
- Blue, Teddy
- Duke, Mrs. R.L.
- East, James
- Parker, Quanah
- Ranches and Cattle Associations (II-C - Ranches and Cattle Associations)
- Art & Artists (II-D - Art and Artists)
- Texas County File (II-F - Texas County File)
- Mss by other writers (II-H - MSS by other writers)
- JEH Notebooks, Diaries and Tally Books (II-I - JEH Notebooks)
- Master Interviews File (II-J - Interview files, Index)
SERIES III - POLITICAL INTERESTS (In file boxes on top of cabinets on east side)
- Jeffersonian Democrats of Texas (1936)
- Texans for America (1952)
- Texas Governor's Race (1956)
- Institute of Americanism (Texas Tech, Director, 1952-54)
- Misc. and unsorted (16 boxes)
- Political Newsletters
- Walker, Gen. Edwin A. (clippings, speeches, court hearings)
SERIES IV - LITERARY PRODUCTIONS OF J. EVETTS HALEY
- Major Works
- Miscellaneous Writings (IV-B - Misc. Writings)
- Periodicals (IV-C - Periodicals)
- Newspaper Articles and Editorials (IV-D - Newspaper Articles)
- Articles edited by JEH (IV-E - Articles Edited by JEH)
- Speeches by JEH (IV-F - Speeches)
- Book Reviews (IV-G - Book Reviews)
- Unpublished mss (as of 1978) (IV-H - Unpublished mss)
- Miscellaneous mss (IV-I - Misc. mss by JEH)
- Interviews of JEH by others (IV-J - Interviews of JEH by others)
- Books, Articles, Tributes about JEH by others (IV-K - Tributes to JEH)
SERIES V - CORRESPONDENCE FILES - 1922-1995
- Chronological Files (This file being redistributed to V-B)
- Alphabetical Files (1924-1955)
- Palo Duro Press and Book Correspondence (V-C - Palo Duro Press)
- Dead File. These fragile second sheets were replaced by photocopies. Keep these for double checking.
SERIES VI - HALEY FAMILY FILES
(Drawers 61-68,72, Main Archives Room)
SERIES VII - MAP FILES
SERIES VIII - SOUND AND VIDEO RECORDINGS
SERIES IX - NOTE CARD FILE
(Small cabinet in Research Room - “Not Transcribed” cards have been photocopied to J-4)
SERIES X - CURRENT EVENTS & CURRENT AFFAIRS
SERIES XI - Unassigned
SERIES XII - Unassigned
SERIES XIII - FOREIGN COUNTRIES FILE
SERIES XIV - PANHANDLE-PLAINS SOCIETY AND MUSEUM (1925, 1936-1952) (boxed)
SERIES XV - TEXAS TECH (boxed)
SERIES XVI - UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS PAPERS
SERIES XVII - CLIPPINGS FILE
SERIES XVIII - PATRIOTIC ORGANIZATIONS
SERIES XIX - EPHEMERA (2 boxes)
SERIES XX - Unassigned
Inventory Information (Jan 1997)
Inventories that could use more work: Shamrock, Halliburton
The large Map File inventory is handwritten and incomplete.
Are You a Researcher?
If you find our data useful, think about a donation. Your charitable contributions to the Library will assure continued preservation of the irreplaceable collections, professional research and writing, and educational programs we have available.
Additional indexes can be found by clicking on the topic outline. Files are available in MS Word format. When you click on the link, it will save the file to your computer for reading.
Download a copy of the Collections Register for easier offline viewing and reference.